The Peter Leeds Stock Trading Scholarship
The Peter Leeds Stock Trading Scholarship provides financial assistance to one student each year who demonstrates knowledge, passion, and a promising future in stock trading or the financial sectors. The scholarship is awarded to the student whose essay best demonstrates these qualities.
- Scholarship Award: $1,000
- Application Deadline: October 1st
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must have a high school diploma at time of application.
- Must be an American or Canadian citizen.
- Will be 18 years or older during the fall semester. You may apply if you are 17, but the scholarship will not be paid until you turn 18.
- Must be a full-time student who is attending or planning to attend an accredited university within the United States or Canada for the fall 2014 semester.
- Students will be required to provide proof of enrollment in order to claim the scholarship prize.
How To Apply
To apply for this scholarship, please send your essay as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that you include the following information in your email: Name, phone, email, and school that you are attending or are planning to attend in the Fall 2014 semester. You are welcome to also include a brief introductory paragraph about yourself.
Students who would like to apply for the Peter Leeds Stock Trading Scholarship should write an essay of approximately 750 - 1,500 words on the topic described below. Please label the file with your name and also include your name and contact details at the top of the document. We ask that the essay be sent in Microsoft Word format. However other common document formats may also be accepted if needed.
The scholarship winner will be chosen based upon a combination of factors. These factors will include the originality of your essay, use of proper grammar, quality/soundness/originality of any discussion or analysis done, demonstration of relevant knowledge.
Investing in the stocks of start-up or newer businesses is more profitable than buying stocks of mature or larger companies. Do you agree or disagree? Why?
Additional Scholarship Details, Terms, and Conditions
The winner for the 2014 annual scholarship will be announced on October 20th, 2014. Only one essay may be submitted by each student.
Any taxes on scholarship prizes are the sole responsibility of the scholarship recipient. Scholarship recipient must provide a valid contact email address or phone number.
Peter Leeds and Modern Strategies Inc. reserve the right to modify these terms and conditions and terminate the scholarship program without notice.